Our response to COVID-19
Updated 06/07/2020, 6:53 PM
USING METROBUS DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
The following guidelines are based on recommendations of the province's public health officials to help slow the spread of COVID-19 through physical distancing measures.
As we move to Alert Level 3 on Monday, June 8th, the provincial government has announced changes for public transit.
Effective Monday, June 8th:
- The passenger limit increases to 19 passengers allowed on board at one time.
- When physical distancing is not possible, all passengers are strongly encouraged to wear non-medical masks or face coverings.
- The restriction of essential travel is lifted.
- Passengers should exit through the rear door. Exceptions are permitted to exit through the front door for accessibility reasons.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Together we will get through this.
Transit is an essential service ensuring people can access needed supplies, work and medical facilities.
Metrobus continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely. At present, the risk of coming in contact with the virus remains low.
Please read below, our response to the COVID-19 outbreak and subsequent changes to some of our our operating policies.
Effective Monday, June 8th, a maximum of nineteen (19) passengers are permitted
on board a bus at any one time.
We take the concerns of our customers about safe travel very seriously, and understand the heightened level of concern about the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus in public spaces such as transit buses. As a result, we are supplementing our current bus cleaning schedule with additional cleaning and disinfection measures on a daily basis with a focus on touch and grab points such as farebox, railings, handles, stanchions, buttons, chime cords and straps. Every bus will be receiving extra attention.
One of the products we are using each day is a surface cleaner and long-term disinfectant that once applied to a surface,
continues to disinfect 99% of germs for up to 10 days.
For the safety of our employees and passengers, we kindly ask:
- When boarding with paper transfers, please have your transfers ready to show the driver and dispose of them in the garbage can provided
- If paying cash fare, please provide exact fare in coin as buses are not equipped to accept paper currency
As a precautionary measure, the first seat on buses will be unavailable to riders. This is to exercise safe social distancing between operators and customers.
To ensure the health of customers and employees, buses will be limited to seated passengers only (standing passengers will not be permitted at this time).
We also recommend that everyone continue to use the following infection prevention measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- To protect yourself and others, we ask that anyone who is feeling unwell to refrain from travelling with us, if possible, so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable environment on board
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands
- If you don't have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- When possible, consider social distancing (ideally 2 metres apart)
Thank you for your cooperation