Fixed-route transit services
within the municipalities of St. John's, Mount Pearl & Paradise, NL.
New to Metrobus?
These directions are for planning purposes only. You may find that construction projects, traffic, weather, or other events may cause conditions to differ from the map results, and you should plan your route accordingly. You must obey all signs or notices regarding your route.
Transit Queue Jump Lane4/12/2021 12:36:00 PM
A Transit Queue Jump lane is now operational at Freshwater Road and Stamps Lane. Please don't follow a bus through the intersection on the transit priority signal - doing so would be going through a red light! For more details, visit https://vimeo.com/535948409.
Changes with the move to Alert Level 23/30/2021 9:58:00 AM
With the move to Alert Level 2, effective with the start of service on Saturday, March 27th:
- The passenger limit increases to a seat load (no standing passengers) allowed on board at one time.
- Please remember that masks are mandatory on board and customers are required to have a mask on, covering the nose and mouth, before entering the bus.
No weather bulletins3/28/2021 8:31:00 AM
No weather-related bulletins have been issued.
In the event that we would have to suspend service for any reason, we will endeavour to provide at least 2 hours notice through our website, our text alert system, our social media channels and Ride Guide (722-9400).
Water Street detour starts March 29th3/24/2021 12:43:15 PM
The Water Street Infrastructure Project is set to start on March 29th, 2021. Detour is as follows:
- 3 & 10 westbound will travel Water Street, Job's Cove, Harbour Drive, Waldegrave Street, New Gower Street, Queen Street, Water Street to regular route. The bus stops heading west on Water Street from Job's Cove to Queen's Road will not be in service. Please use the temporary stops that will be installed on Harbour Drive - the first will be located just before Cliff’s- Bairds Cove and the second will be located near the Murray Premises.
- 3 eastbound will travel Water Street, Harbour Drive, Job's Cove, Water Street to regular route. The bus stops on Water Street heading east from Waldegrave to Job's Cove will not be in service. Please use the temporary stops located on Harbour Drive - one will be located in front of "The Bier Markt", the second will be located on Harbour Drive between Cliff-Baird's Cove and Job's Cove.
The Convention Centre bus stop will be serviced.
Reduced service schedule starting Monday, March 293/23/2021 10:00:00 AM
Due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, we will be operating on a reduced service schedule effective Monday, March 29, 2021. Essentially, we will be operating on a summer schedule, however route 26 will not be operating.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have been advised to self-isolate or be tested for COVID-19, please do not ride.
Reminder: change in route Route 3B starting January 41/1/2021 12:04:50 PM
Starting January 4th, route 3B will change routing to service Majors Path and the Eastern Health facility on Majors Path. Effective, January 4, 2021, stop ID 4959 (Torbay Rd. opp Maries Mini Mart) and stop ID 2090 (Torbay Road - 585 [Time Masters]) will no longer be serviced by route 3B.
Route 14 bus stop at airport is moving10/26/2020 3:22:00 PM
Starting on Friday, November 13, 2020 there will be a change in the location of the bus stop at St. John's Airport. Starting on November 13, we will not be servicing the current stop and shelters, but instead we will travel the outer perimeter and service the departures exit/entrance. This stop will be marked as Bus Only and our bus stop will be attached to the pillar marking our area. This temporary move has been requested by the Airport Authority and we expect service will return to the shelters after the winter.
Masks are mandatory on board10/11/2020 8:16:49 AM
A reminder that effective Monday, August 24th, customers are required to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth while travelling on our buses, unless exempt for medical reasons. Please note the following:
- Due to visibility and related safety reasons (the risk of fogging when wearing glasses/sunglasses), and the fact that the Lexan barriers are in place, Transit Operators are not required to wear a mask when seated in the drivers compartment with the barrier closed.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Friday: Chance of showers. High 10. POP 60%
Friday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 2. POP 60%
Saturday: Chance of showers. High 9. POP 40%
Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 3. POP 40%
Sunday: Cloudy. High 8.